2011年8月31日水曜日

TNA Knockout Slams Pay Reports, Ignores Her Own History of Complaining About Pay

Over at her blog, TNA knockout Tara talks about the recent controversies concerning Matt Hardy and Ric Flair. She also takes exception to some of the recent reports regarding how much the knockouts are paid (namely, that while most of the female performers earn $600 or less, former WWE girls Christy Hemme and Mickie James earn much more). Tara complains:

And with regards to what is said in the wrestling gossip sites, I’m not going to bash them. Sometimes they are accurate, and I wonder how that info got out. But sometimes, and on stuff I know for certain, it can be inaccurate. Again, I don’t know how people get their information. But a perfect example is a couple days ago there was someone talking about the pay for the Knockouts. I know for certain that there were multiple inaccuracies in that article. Did someone plant the story to cause tension in our locker room, which is especially stress-free these days? Or did someone just mistakenly get some information wrong? Who knows, but that’s my “don’t believe everything you read” speech. If you want to know ask me. I respond to as much as I can on Twitter. What’s my favorite color? Red. How old is my dog Sophie? Three. How much do I get paid as a Knockout? None of your damn business ; )

Those no-good, lying dirtsheets, right? 

Except, last year, Tara almost left the company over a pay discrepancy and publicly slammed them over what she called a refusal to "pay me what I think is fair." She also accused the company of telling lies about her and leaking them to the Internet, presumably in retaliation over her asking for a better deal. Here are some highlights from the April 2010 blog

It appears that I'm winding down at TNA. Unfortunately some organizations "leak" information to wrestling websites to put their spin on a situation, to make sure they come out in the best light. Not me. I'm gonna say it. I'm gonna put my name on it. And I'm going to stand behind it.

I came to TNA last year because I still had a lot of wrestling left in me.  I was paid a fraction of what I thought I deserved.  But I wanted to show I was still at the top of my game.  Now my contract is up in May.  I want a modest pay increase.  They don't want to pay me what I think is fair.  I have no problem going my own way.

Tara is claiming that the stories of low pay are untrue, despite the fact that she was one of the people that complained and drew attention to the issue in the first place. What sense does this make?

She has a valid point in saying that the wrestling press don't know every single thing that goes on backstage. However, at this point, any suggestion that the stories of pay discrepancy in TNA have somehow been made up by the "dirtsheets" to cause trouble in TNA is completely laughable.   

Aside from Tara's complaints last year, Awesome Kong (now Kharma in WWE) also criticised the TNA management's unwillingness to pay her what she was worth. She admitted it was one of the main reasons why she left the company in early 2010.

Gail Kim and Shelly Martinez have also said that they parted ways with TNA over money. What's more, in a now famous story, TNA knockout Taylor Wilde admitted that she was recognized as KO champion while working at Sunglass Hut.

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/827180-tna-knockout-slams-pay-reports-ignores-her-own-history-of-complaining-about-pay

columbus blue jackets detroit red wings nashville predators St Louis Blues Calgary Flames Colorado Avalanche

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿