2012年5月4日金曜日

Bergevin’s reign begins: so who’s the coach?

So we’ve got Marc Bergevin. He wasn’t my first choice, but I think he’ll do a solid job. My major concern? Not sure he would have been considered for a GM post anywhere else at this point, and I’d certainly never heard his name mentioned until the Montreal vacancy appeared. No one can deny that language plays a role in Montreal, and I believe it did here to. That said, the Canadiens are in good hands, and I have no doubt Bergevin will surround himself with good people.

My first move if I was in his shoes? I’d be phoning the runner-up, Pierre McGuire, and asking him to be assistant GM. Even Serge Savard commented on the radio yesterday that McGuire probably knows more about players across the NHL than anyone else going today. If that isn’t an endorsement, I don’t know what is. Rick Dudley would be another good addition to the front office. More than anything, I’d like to see some depth at the Bell Centre. Enough of the one man show. The Canadiens are a tradition, a spiritual necessity, and they need to start acting like it again. The press conference yesterday suggests they are, finally, doing that again. Now, let’s see it continue.

Now onto the head coaching vacancy. Derrière le banc. Who’s on the longlist? Who knows. But my best guesses, based on logic, media coverage, and the unemployed:

Source: http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tuc/comments/bergevins_reign_begins_so_whos_the_coach/

Brad Davis Logan Morrison Mike Stanton Josh Bailey Mark Eaton Trent Hunter

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿