2011年1月27日木曜日

NHL Eastern Conference Midterm Assessments

pronger

Early in the season, I provided my predictions as to how I thought the NHL Eastern Conference would pan out.

While I fared pretty well in my mid-season assessment of the NHL Western Conference predictions, I learned two things in assessing how I did in previewing the Eastern Conference: I should stick to covering the Western Conference, and I really needed to assess the impact of the Kovalchuck signing as to its fit with the Devils? style of play. Then again, who really saw that coming? It apparently wasn?t Louie Lamoriello either.

In a manner similar to assessing my Western Predictions I will provide a brief synopsis of what I predicted for the respective Eastern team, how they are currently faring, and what the rest of the season may or may not hold for the team.

The Ins:

Washington Capitals

Prediction: With Alexander Ovechkin, a young collection of offensive weapons and defensemen, and a solid tandem of young goalies in Semyon Varlamov and Michal Neuvirth, the Capitals seems primed for the President?s Trophy and a potential Stanley Cup run. The primary concerns are whether they will disappoint again come playoff time.

Current State: This has been both a disappointment and a mystery. While the Caps are solidly in the fifth place in the east, much more was expected of them particularly on the offensive end. Perhaps the greatest mystery in the entire NHL is Ovechkin?s inability to score goals this season. Ovechkin is projected to finish with [More …]

Source: http://www.thesportsbank.net/hockey/nhl-eastern-conference-midterm-assessments/

St Louis Blues Calgary Flames Colorado Avalanche Edmonton Oilers Minnesota Wild Vancouver Canucks

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿