2012年3月28日水曜日

Boston Red Sox: John Lackey Proves He's Just Terrible

There are two things in this world that I can't stand: those intolerant of other people—and John Lackey.

I never cared for the man when he was in Anaheim and I cared even less for him when the Boston Red Sox decided to sign him in 2010.

I'm sick to death of his attitude and arrogant remarks, the latest only being another in a slew of stupidity.

In case you missed it, here we are in March of 2012, a full six months after the whole "beer and chicken" fiasco was exposed and five months longer than it should have taken Lackey to address the situation.

In a move that can only be classified as ill-advised, he went on the record by stating the following:

 "Guys having a beer after their start has been going on for the last 100 years,'' Lackey said (Boston.com). "This is retarded. It's not like we were sitting up there doing it every night. It's not even close to what people think.''

No, perhaps it was not, but let's face it: fans in Boston are tired of your act and tired of your 5.26 ERA in town. Voicing your opinion now about an issue that you should have saddled up and faced months ago is just poor timing and your choice of words was ever poorer.

I'm all for free-speech. I have to be, I'm a writer.

However, I believe in tact and courtesy.

He came back a day later and offered this apology:

"I apologize for my thoughtless choice of words that appeared in print earlier today. I meant no harm, and I am sorry to all I offended."

It just doesn't cut it for me.

There are very few things that light my fire, but having an apathetic, overpaid baseball player make silly and crass remarks out of sheer ignorance just gets my fire lit.

Okay, and it might be exacerbated by my dislike for Lackey in general. 

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1121958-boston-red-sox-john-lackey-proves-that-he-is-just-terrible

Brian Wilson Eli Whiteside Mike Fontenot Brett Pill Pat Burrell Jhan Marinez

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿