2011年2月26日土曜日

Sam is Here

Greetings from Portland, Oregon.

I have been blogging about hockey since 2009, when the humiliation of claiming to be a hockey fan who didn?t even know what a hat trick was became too much. Since then, I?ve learned and blogged about the NHL Rulebook, the IIHF Rulebook, the Collective Bargaining Agreement and a few things in between. I don?t live in an NHL town, but I?m lucky enough to be a season ticket holder for the WHL?s Portland Winterhawks, home to the 4th and 5th overall draft picks from the 2010 Entry Draft.

Above the Glass is named for the location of my season tickets and my overall, big picture take on the game. I don?t claim to be an expert on stats, who will be snatched up at the trade deadline, who you should put on your fantasy team or why the Calgary Flames? Heritage Classic retro jerseys made them look like Tigger from Winnie the Pooh. What I can tell you is that I love the game of hockey and I love what it can teach us about life. Among the hot topics on my mind are: ?does having a roster full of hockey names up your chances for winning a Stanley Cup??; ?who invented hockey terms like dipsy doodle, spinorama, deke and dangle and how high were they when they did so?? and ?how to use hockey clich�s without injuring yourself or others.?  I hope you?ll enjoy these and the other content you?ll find here. 

When I?m not trying to make sense of all things NHL, I?m busy trying to make sense of all things junior hockey in my Portland Winterhawks blog on www.oregonlive.com/hawks.

Source: http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/atg/comments/sam_is_here/

Florida Marlins Houston Astros Los Angeles Dodgers Milwaukee Brewers New York Mets Philadelphia Phillies

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿