2012年9月1日土曜日

An E-mail Interview with Toronto Hockey Blogger Extraordinaire Jeff Veillete

When it comes to the Toronto Maple Leafs, there are a lot of great bloggers that cover the team and present valuable opinions.

One such blogger who does that and more is Jeff Veillette of Leafs' HQ as well as Marlies HQ. Jeff is also now one of the bloggers for CBS's terrific Eye on Hockey blog.

Jeff was kind enough to take the time to tell us about how he got into hockey, how he became a hockey blogger, which hockey outlets he has blogged/is blogging for and what he is looking to provide his readers at the outlets he covers the sport for.

PH: How did you get into hockey?
JV: I honestly can't remember a time where I wasn't. Both sides of my family have background in the sport, and as such, I was raised to be into it. My first memories are almost all hockey related, from watching old playoff games to wanting to play street hockey with my uncles. It's an essential part of who I am, and I doubt that will ever change.

PH: Growing up, who was your favorite team/player? Why?
JV: Being from Toronto, it was pretty easy to jump into the perpetual disappointment sink that is the Maple Leafs. Granted, my early childhood consists of the time they were at least competing in the playoffs, so I'm not completely out of line for it. I had two favourite players growing up - Doug Gilmour represented the Leafs in that regard, as he would always be making the extra effort while on the ice and usually had a point on a big goal.

The other one was Pavel Bure - I loved watching him take off knowing that nobody was going to catch him, and the pure excitement he both created and showed in every game he played. He was actually the reason that the Canucks have been my "secondary" team almost as long as the Leafs have been my first and foremost.

Source: http://kuklaskorner.com/glr/comments/an-e-mail-interview-with-toronto-hockey-blogger-extraordinaire-jeff-veillet

Logan Morrison Mike Stanton Josh Bailey Mark Eaton Trent Hunter Andy Hilbert

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿