2012年9月15日土曜日

Afternoon Line

Players have long memories. One, [NHL owners] want to roll back our contracts, which I don’t care what business you’re in, is going to kick a fire under a lot of people. And the second part of it, which maybe goes overlooked a little bit because of the financial aspect, is that every contract ends with a handshake -- every single contract. Where I come from you honor your handshakes. If you don’t honor your word you have nothing.

If I make a bad deal or sign a bad contract that’s my fault. I accept that and I’m a man and I work through that. That’s something I deal with. I don’t go crying foul or looking for somebody to fix my mistakes. I accept that as a man, that I made a bad decision. Hockey players are pretty honest people and they don’t like it when it’s coming back the other way.

I was raised when you give a man your word and you shake a hand it’s as good as gold. That’s something that I think really upsets the players, that we’re not being treated that way."


-Brooks Laich of the Washington Capitals on the players sitting out the whole year.  More from Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington.

Source: http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comments/afternoon-line9

John Madden Petr Kalus Colton Gilies Justin Falk Robbie Eal Joe Callahan

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿